If you have ever struggled to keep pace with a fast talking lecturer or understand a very technical presentation, you will understand the need to have a simple and effective way of recording lectures so you can listen to them again at a pace that is comfortable to you.
There are lots of smart phone apps you can use to record conversations and presentations, unfortunately not all of them can enhance the audio recording process to ensure that the playback is clear and useable. One of the best Android apps for recording college lectures is one called ClearRecordLite.
It is one thing to be able to record a phone conversation with your Android but ensuring that the audio quality is good is another matter. ClearRecord uses an Ambient Noise Reduction technology to suppress background noise that can reduce the quality of audio recordings.
You can further enhance the quality of any audio being recorded by this app by using a quality microphone. In any case, ClearRecord will ensure that the phone’s standard microphone captures at the best audio quality it can, whether you are recording on the streets, in a train or in a lecture hall.
Playback and Transcription
This Android audio recorder also has the ability to control the playback speed without modifying the pitch. The Slow play-speed feature allow transcribers and new-language-learners to slow the speech rate so they can hear a fast speaker more clearly. You can also use this feature to fast-forward to the less important parts of the lecture in order to get to what really matters.
- Suppresses ambient noise normally captured during recording
- Adjustable playback speeds to get through a long lecture quickly or hear a fast speaker more clearly.
- Play recording at speeds of 0.5x, 0.75x, 1.25x or 1.5x without modifying pitch quality
- Record speech, lectures and conversations at 16 kHz and live music performances and natural sounds at 44.1 kHz
- Supports sampling frequency of 16 kHz for voice recordings and 48 kHz for music recordings
- Records in the widely supported WAV file format so files can play on your computer as well
- Store files on external memory (SD card)
- Record in background while running other apps
QR Code for ClearRecord
I you need a solution that can record audio files and send them via email have a look at the AndRecord app in our roundup of Android conversation recorders; it is a great way to record lectures and share them with fellow students.
If on the other hand you want a way to record notes in text format and attach videos and audio files, consider using Evernote.