How to Install and Uninstall Android Apps
It goes without saying that it’s the quality of apps that contribute the most to the Android experience. So it is quite understandable that one of the first tasks new Android owners set themselves is that of finding useful and entertaining apps to install.
In this Android app installation guide we hope to provide clear instructions on how one goes about installing and uninstalling Android apps.
In essence, there are two ways to install apps on an Android. The most common and easy way is to use the Android marketplace. The Android Marketplace is basically an app directory that lists a majority of the Android applications that are available.
However there are apps that aren’t available in the Marketplace – to install those you will need to see the Android APK Installation Guide.
How to Install Android Apps Using the Market
Installing Android apps is a relatively simple process once you are using the Android market:
- Ensure that you have Internet connectivity, then use the Applications Menu, to open the Android Marketplace
- Browse the many apps and games that are listed there, or use the search field to quickly find a specific app. Look at the ratings, descriptions and screen shots then make a decision on which apps you want to install
- Click on the application you are interested in to view more details; after you have made a decision to install the app simply click the “Install” button towards the bottom of the screen
- The next screen outlines what the app needs to work. If you are OK with the permissions that the app requires, agree to the terms and it should start installing.
How to Install Android Apps from a PC
Without a question, using a PC is better way to explore the Android Market than using a phone. You can log into your Google account from your PC and then search the Android Marketplace for apps.
Once you find the apps you like, click “INSTALL” and they will be sent directly to, and installed on the phone or tablet you had specified under “MY Devices”.
How to Uninstall Android Apps
Inevitably you’ll find apps on your device that you don’t need or want. Whether you’ve decided to do some house cleaning, simply want to remove your least favorite apps or just want to get rid of some troublemakers, there will come a time when you will need to uninstall apps.
Here is what you will need to do in order to uninstall Android apps.
- Open the Google Android “Menu”
- Click “Settings” then “Applications”
- Next, click on “Manage”, a list of installed apps should appear
Select what you want to uninstall and then click “Uninstall”.