Top Rated Android Food Diaries
Proper meal planning, and by extension effective weight management, almost always comes around to managing portion sizes, nutrition and the number of calories one eats in each meal. It doesn’t have to be as daunting as it sounds though, well, that is if you have the right tools.
Here are some of the best Android Food diaries you can use to monitor and record what you eat and in what quantities you eat those foods.
Calorie Counter by FatSecret
Calorie Counter is a simple and easy to use tool for helping you meet your weight management goals. The app is the essential app for those who want to find nutritional info on the foods they eat as well as record their exercise routine and the resulting weight gain or loss.
- Barcode scanner and manual barcode input to help you easily identify and enter food items
- A journal to record your progress
- Calorie and nutrition info on your favorite foods, brands and restaurants
- A diet calendar that shows the calories you consumed and burned
- A weight tracker
- Recipes and meal ideas
Ultimate Weight Watcher Diary
No doubt this is one of the most highly rated Weight Watchers style application for Android phones and tablets.
This application has a barcode scanner, a large online database of everyday food items, and a database of popular restaurants and the meals their offer. You can also use the app to track your food choices and record daily notes.
If you are not satisfied with the pace of your weight loss there is an accelerated weight loss feature that will help you intensify things.
- Daily Point Diary Tracker with Weekly Points allowance
- Barcode scanner to quickly add items to your diary and favorites
- Can set an unlimited number of food and activity favorites
- Can export and email data in plain text and csv (spreadsheet) file formats
- Allows you to tailor your plan to give allowance for special needs users such as nursing moms
- Accelerate weight loss program with the Extra Boost Mode
- Allows you to quickly & easily tailor meals to your desired portion size
- A database of over 500,000 food items along with a built-in database of over 20,000 food items
- The app can track your daily intake of liquids, fruits & vegetables, multi-vitamin and let you know if you have met your daily requirement
- Activity Points Calculator for all plans
- Progress Tracking with advanced graphing, lets you monitor your Weight (inc. BMI Calculator) & body measurements (includes waist, calves, hips, chest, neck, upper arms and thighs)
- Has two homepage widgets, one for daily/weekly information and another for weight loss
- Can run offline
- Backup and Restore function for all database
This is a Weight Watchers tool for tracking activity points, weekly points and your daily targets. You can use it to graph your results and keep a diary of everything you eat. The app is a food diary, points tracker, food lookup and restaurant finder as well.
This is one of the best Android food tracker that is available. In fact, it can help you track and stay focused on your weight loss goals by helping you monitor the number of calories, fat, carbohydrates and other nutrients you take with each meal.
There are other good Android diaries that didn’t make it into this review. Notable mentions must be made of “Simple Calorie Count” and “Weight Watchers Diary”.