Learn English with these Android Apps
Whether you are an Android touting tourist, an employee needing to learn the language of a foreign-based colleague or just someone who needs a convenient way to learn English, here are some of the best Android apps for learning English.
Learn English with busuu.com!
This app is powered by one of the leading online language learning communities — busuu.com. The app has:
- An extensive vocabulary – over 3,000 words and key phrases
- Beginners to advanced intermediate levels (A1 – B2)
- Over 150 different topics using day-to-day situations
- Comprehensive audio-visual learning material with photos and recordings by native speakers
- Sections include vocabulary, dialogues and interactive tests
- No Internet connection is required, so you can install it for your next overseas trip
- The free version includes 20 complete learning units – full content can be purchased inside the app!
- The learning progress can be synchronized with a busuu.com profile
This application helps you to evaluate your English skills. It contains more than 300 multiple-choice tests, with each test consisting of ten questions. You select the correct answer from three or four possible answers. For example, if the type of tests is Errors, you first have to find the error and then select it in the options. You are then expected to type in the correct word.
Types of tests:
- Language – (English Tests for ESL/EFL :: English Grammar Exercises)
- Idioms – (English as a Foreign Language :: Idiomatic Expressions in English)
- Errors – (English as a Second Language :: Common Errors in English Usage)
- Business – (Teaching Business English :: ESL Business English Tests)
- Synonyms – (Learning English Quizzes :: English Synonym Worksheets)
This is a helper application for beginners, intermediates and advanced English learners. This app was independently developed by ImApp Soft, as a way to follow the very popular English as a Second Language Podcast at ESLPod.com. The app allows you to translate the description of each episode to your language and download and listen to the MP3 of each episode.
Downloading MP3s on some data plans can be costly, depending on your data contract, try and use Wi-Fi where possible to get the MP3s. This app is not endorsed or sponsored by ESL Podcast. QR code